The salaam / shalom / peace bird is flying again!
Visit our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/sept21 for all the latest news and information – like, link, share!
Islamic centres will be inviting in visitors to share messages of peace on Friday 20th September. Synagogues will be doing the same on Saturday 21st September and churches on Sunday 22nd September.
The flyer for churches is available now – download it here. The flyers for Islamic centres and synagogues will be available soon – keep a look-out on the Facebook page or bookmark this blog.
Six simple steps towards peaceful relationships in your neighbourhood:
- Decide when you would like your visitors to arrive.
- Contact your local faith forum to find people from different religious traditions.
- Invite them to your Islamic centre, synagogue or church, along with any information they may find useful for their visit.
- When they arrive, exchange the messages of peace on the back of the flyer – or your own messages of peace.
- You may offer a cup of tea or some simple hospitality – it is up to you.
- If you would like to stay in touch, exchange contact details before your guests leave.